You’ll be welcomed by Mike or Briony and given a short talk about our lemurs, why they live at Fife Zoo and why they’re important.
You’ll then head over to the lemur exhibit to spend some time in their home as they scamper around your feet – and of course, you’ll be bringing some of their favourite food and enrichment with you!
This is also your chance to ask us all about the animals in our care.
Zoo Animal Experiences / Encounters Terms and Conditions
- All visitors enter into our enclosures at their own risk.
- Any allergies must be brought to our attention during your health and safety induction, so the relevant mitigations can be made.
- Animal experiences purchased online (including vouchers) must be pre-booked and redeemed within12 months from the date of purchase, allowing for the fact they may only run on selected days.
- For safety reasons, minimum ages apply to our animal experiences.
- There is no physical contact permitted with animals during some animal experiences (zebras).
- Animal experiences must be pre-booked as there is a limited number of spaces available. You can pre-book by ringing 01337 258214 between 10am and4pm. A booking confirmation email will be sent to you so please bring this with you on the day along with your online animal experience voucher.
- The online animal experience voucher doesn’t include entrance to Fife Zoo. Fife Zoo is currently under construction, so is not open to the general public.
- Sensible footwear should be worn as our enclosures may be slippery and some paths are “off-road”. Older clothes you don’t mind getting dirt on would be advisable.
- Our animals live outside, so dress for the weather.
- We’re afraid we cannot guarantee the animals will want to hand-feed.
- We reserve the right to cancel or move an animal experience for operational reasons. You will be offered an alternative date or time.
- We ask for 24 hours’ notice if you can no longer take part in an experience you have pre-booked, so we can make your space available to another visitor. You will need to ring the booking office again to re-book before your gift voucher expires.
- We reserve the right to cancel the encounter at any point if a health and safety issue arises, due to inappropriate behaviour causing a potential risk to people or our animals. This will not be refunded.
- We ask that you bring the voucher with you at the time of your encounter. Failure to do so may result in the encounter being cancelled or rescheduled.
- This purchase is non-refundable.